As you dig into your junior year here are some important reminders to make the most out of your time here at Washingtion University.
- Develop meaningful relationships with your advisors and professors, not just dropping by at registration time. They can serve as valuable resources for finding internships, research opportunities, or the right graduate schools.
- Be inspired by faculty research and explore your major as a discipline. Examine the depths of the fields or sub-fields of the major.
- Take on more responsibility in organizations and activities important to you.
- Attend Junior 'Sol' Search in October to start planning a productive summer experience.
- Continue to update your Planner. It can be easily changed as new courses are offered or as your academic interests develop and change
- Register and attend Junior Jumpstart, a one-day conference to help juniors plan for their future, in May!
- Research national competitive scholarships and fellowships. Some, such as the Truman, Udall and Beinecke have deadlines early in your Junior Year. Others, such as the Rhodes, Marshall, Fulbright have Washington University deadlines in September of your Senior Year.