How do I choose my major?
All students should use their first semesters to explore a variety of subjects, whether they already know precisely what they want to study or have many candidates for a major. Each student will meet with his or her four-year advisor to determine a good choice for the major.
We interviewed alumni and current students to find out how they chose their major and later their career - and learned a lot about the many paths Wash. U. students take. Watch the video to find out more!
On this site you can research your options and find information to complement meetings with your four-year advisor.
- Decision Advice: Some things to keep in mind as your academic career develops
- Decision Tools: Online tools to help you explore majors based on your interests
- Majors & Careers: Information on how majors relate to careers
- Common Roadblocks: Challenges many students face when trying to choose a major
- FAQs: Answers to common questions about the process of declaring a major