Arts & Sciences students wishing to earn credit for coursework taken at another institution need approval from the College Office before they are eligible to receive credit.
The following exceptions require direct contact with the Office of Overseas Programs (email@example.com):
- Coursework being taken through a WUSTL study abroad program.
- Coursework through another US organization's study abroad program.
- International students who plan to take summer coursework in a country that is not your country of citizenship or parents’ residence.
These policies apply to non-WUSTL courses:
- Online or other distance learning courses will not be granted transfer credit.
- You must take the course for a letter grade and earn a grade of C or better to be eligible for transfer credit.
- Grades earned at other institutions will not be included in your WUSTL gpa.
- Non-WUSTL course work may not be used to satisfy Arts & Sciences distribution requirements.
- Upon receipt of an official transcript from the non-WUSTL school, approved credit will be awarded.
- Download the PDF form.
- Attach a course description for each course you are planning to take.
- For each course, indicate if the class is to count for general credit or for a major/minor.
- If the course is in Chemistry or Physics please use these links for additional important information.
- If credit is for a major/minor, secure approval from your major advisor or the Director of Undergraduate Studies in the department.
- Submit the completed form with departmental approval as needed to the College of Arts & Sciences, 104 Cupples II.
- After successfully completing your course(s), please arrange to have your official transcript sent to: Student Records Assistant, College of Arts & Sciences, Campus Box 1117, Washington University in St. Louis, One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO 63130-4899
Additional Instructions for International Students who are:
- An undergraduate student studying at WUSTL on a student visa.
- Planning to take summer coursework at a recognized institution of higher education in your country of citizenship or country of parents’ residence.
- Submit the Approval for Non-WUSTL Course Credit form to the College Office and make sure you share translated copies, as needed, if any documents are written in another language.
- After submitting your form to the College Office, you must register your plans on the Office of Overseas Programs' Global Opportunities website. The deadline to register is May 15.
- Once you receive approval from the College Office for your coursework, you must upload a copy of the completed and approved form to the Global Opportunities website.
Return to the Site
- Students who do not complete both the course approval and registry process by the deadline will not be eligible for credit.
- Make sure an official copy of your transcript is sent to the College of Arts & Sciences (do NOT send transcript to Admissions, your academic advisor, or the Registrar's Office). You may hand deliver the transcript to the College Office in 104 Cupples II, in a sealed envelope from the institution. If necessary, please provide a certified translation of the transcript.