The academic policy of the College of Arts & Sciences permits the transfer of credit earned at other colleges and universities while in high school if:
- The course is one for which credit would normally be awarded.
- The course was taken at a fully accredited college or university.
- The course was not part of a high school/college dual credit program and the course was:
- taught on the campus of a college or university
- enrolled primarily by duly matriculated college students--i.e. high school graduates
- taught by a college faculty member
- The course was taken after the sophomore year of high school.
- This course did not count toward the high school graduation requirement..
All conditions must be satisfied in order for a course to qualify for credit. If any one condition is not satisfied, the College of Arts & Sciences will not award credit.
The maximum total of transferable credits from AP and/or college courses is 15.
The following documents must be received prior to credit evaluation.
- Completed Request for Washington University Credit
Complete the Part I of the form and ask the Registrar at the school where you took the courses to complete Part II. [Download]
- Course Description
Provide course description or course syllabus for each course.
Submit an official transcript bearing the Registrar's seal or its equivalent to Washington University.
Please send all documentation listed above to:
Freshman Transcript Evaluation
College of Arts & Sciences
Washington University, Box 1117
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130